Over 400 hospitals utilize Corepoint or Rhapsody integration engines to optimize their Epic EHR migration or installation. Epic implementations need to meet strict timelines in order to earn incentives or avoid penalties. Our customers regard Rhapsody health solutions as a key factor in enabling a successful migration to Epic and optimizing existing implementations.
How does an Integration Engine support a migration to Epic?
Meeting contracted project goals and deadlines is imperative to a successful Epic implementation. Our customers tell us that utilizing Corepoint Integration Engine’s develop, test, deploy, and monitoring features maximize the interface development process essential for an efficient Epic migration.
- Corepoint Integration Engine can be used to backload data to Epic from legacy systems as part of an EHR migration.
- Corepoint is capable of handling the complex logic and workflows within an Epic environment.
What are key benefits of using Corepoint Integration Engine alongside Epic?
- Corepoint Integration Engine offers centralized interface monitoring and logs all message exchange, providing a single point for interface research and recovery operations.
- When enabled, our native high availability platform provides needed business continuity.
- Corepoint Integration Engine assures the delivery of patient data between disparate systems in timely manner.
- Tailored alerts warn of problems before they disrupt workflow and operations. Corepoint Integration Engine also offers customizable user profiles with unique views and permissions.
What Corepoint Integration Engine features are most helpful within an Epic environment?
- Intuitive troubleshooting tools ease testing and speed development of interfaces. Quickly find problem messages, experiment with them, and use them to test your logic.
- Customizable interface alerts that communicate issues that require immediate attention
- Visual interface monitoring that communicates engine status at a glance
- Ability to build interfaces quickly and accurately. Corepoint Health offers a develop and test IDE characterized by drag-and-drop interface diagramming, configuration wizards, and point-and-click mapping
- Seamless High-Availability and Disaster Recovery options
- Scale as needed with robust throughput supported by an enterprise-style team building environment.
- Connection Central views and role-based monitor access.
- Provide Promoting Interoperability (formerly Meaningful Use)-required security audit log reports in the case of an auditable event and gain insight to improve PHI security policies and procedures.
- Log Search provides the ability to view the history of every health message transmitted in the IT environment.
How UnityPoint Health uses Corepoint in their Epic Environment
UnityPoint Health is the 4th largest nondenominational health system in the United States, with 21 regional hospitals, 400+ clinics, 19 community network hospitals, and 16 home health locations. Their interoperability team lead, Joe Hamilton, provided insights into the value and impact Corepoint Integration Engine has had in their Epic environment, and on their entire team.
Epic Customer Success Stories
“Corepoint Health’s positive impact on our migration to EPIC was huge… We were able to save a substantial amount of money… It’s hard to quantify how much time we saved, but looking back, we simply could not have accomplished what we did so quickly and efficiently without Corepoint Integration Engine.” Ramona Skinner, System Analyst
“I think that’s a key advantage – the ability to rapidly implement interfaces and make changes. I’ve had my hands in (other legacy engines), and the way you can build and test within the Corepoint configuration tool is outstanding.” Garrett Meynard, Sr. Integration Analyst
“It was at least a six figure savings of not purchasing additional interfaces from the source EMR.” Paul Labonte, Manager of Business Intellegence and Systems Integration